This year we are having a good old fashioned New England winter.
In fact, we recently experienced a 100 year cold snap.
The frigid temps were so impactful that things across the region were on the verge of shutting down. Another week of that kind of cold would have brought things to a grinding halt.
The harbor was iced in and oil was slow to get into the terminals. Companies were running out of oil. Some companies could not get oil or service to their customers.
Pipes were freezing and bursting. Several homes ended up with major damage and no heat for an extended period of time.
As a result of all of this, many homeowners that hadn’t kept up with required service and suddenly had no heat found out the hard way that you can’t just Google a company to come and fix your heat when you really need it.
We’re not trying to be harsh, but it’s essential for homeowners to understand the importance of establishing a relationship with a heating company. The same thing holds true with an auto mechanic, plumber, electrician, and computer company.
Regular maintenance to your equipment not only extends its lifetime, saving you money in the long run, but it will also keep you out of a bind when it gets bitter cold again (and in New England, we all know it’s just a matter of time).
Having a heating company that you can call on when you experience a problem will ensure that you’ll have someone there to help when that time comes.
When it gets as cold as it did over the past few months, our phone rings off the hook. Unfortunately, while we’d love to help everyone, we can only do so much. The fact of the matter is we take care of our regular customers first. Those who don’t do regular equipment servicing inevitably end up having to wait until we can get there. Some new customers get turned away completely. We simply have no choice.
During the recent record cold snap, we had many customers that hadn’t used our services for years call and ask for help. Sadly, we just could not accommodate them.
The good news is, we offer a Preferred Service Agreement that has several benefits to it. The most important is Emergency Service at our regular rate (no overtime).
The cost is minimal for the contract, which includes a comprehensive 32-point system service and tune up. Think of it as another type of low cost insurance. With a service agreement, you will have an established relationship with a heating, plumbing, electrical and oil company, all in one.
Some of the Other Benefits of Having a Service Agreement
- Cost Savings – By investing in routine maintenance of your equipment, you can save money on potentially costly repairs down the road by identifying issues when they are still easy and inexpensive to address. Plus, our Preferred Service Agreement includes a discount of 15% off future repairs.
- Energy Savings – Annual tune-ups will keep your equipment running more efficiently, which reduces the amount of energy usage required to keep your home comfortable. This may also lower your utility bills.
- Longer Equipment Life – As with any piece of equipment, regular maintenance and tune-ups help to keep important components of your HVAC system in good working condition for longer.
- Safety – Well-maintained heating and cooling systems have a much lower risk of dangerous fuel leaks, fires and carbon monoxide exposure, which means your family and home will be safer.
- Peace of Mind – The fact is, equipment breakdowns can’t always be predicted and they often occur outside of regular business hours. Having a service agreement makes you a premier customer which means you’ll always receive VIP treatment any time, day or night.
With experts predicting a challenging winter across New England, it’s clear that we’re not out of the woods yet. Don’t be left in the cold. Join our growing list of Preferred Service customers and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing the Wilson Brothers Team will be there when you need us the most.
Call our office for details at 978-433-5373 – we’ll be there when you need us.